Table Of contents
Virtual desktops have been popular on Linux and Macs. In fact, they’ve also been built within Windows for many years; however accessing them required special software. With the latest desktops in Windows 10 or virtual desktops could be accessed without installing extra / third-party Dell Support UK.
What is a virtual desktop?
When you’re using a single monitor attached to PC, or only use the built-in screen of your laptop, you could only access single screen – desktop at a time for running all apps.
But when you have various apps, then working together with a browser and program such as MS office might become confusing. A virtual desktop can come to your rescue in situations like these. It is similar to having various monitors, through which you could create several work spaces for arranging apps. https://pofcustomerservicephonenumbers.com/plentyoffish-com-login-account/
Since it’s virtual, same data is shared till files and everything is organized. You could also move apps between them easily.
Creating a virtual desktops in Windows 10
From the taskbar of Windows 10, you would come across a new icon on the right of search bar, which appears like a rectangle. The button is known as Task View, and by clicking it, you could get a thumbnail view of all programs, which are running together.
The keyboard shortcut is Win+Tab. From the Task View mode, you could see an option from the bottom right corner having a large Plus sign with New Desktop written below.
On clicking this, new desktop will be created, which looks like your normal one, however, with no apps running on it.
- Tap the Task View icon and you could see two desktops shown from the bottom of screen.
- In case, you’re having apps already running on your original desktop, select the one and drag the appropriate apps from the new desktop.
Switching between desktops
You could easily switch between different platforms, either by clicking them from the Task View menu or through Ctrl+Win+left/right arrow key.
You could straight-forwardly hover to an application by using Alt+Tab combination.
You could create multiple desktops, but functionality is limited.
Benefits of using virtual desktops in Windows 10
Virtual desktops are used in a several ways. You could look for an optimum arrangement by experimenting with them.
- Setups that have productivity applications – such as Office, One Note, and email etc., could be accessed altogether.
- While using this, you can’t have two copies of same browser open on different virtual desktops.
- You could drag down an open tab, till it turns into a new window.
- Open the Task View and drag new window to the other desktop.
- You could also install various other browsers such as, Opera, Firefox, or Chrome.
After following these tips, you could easily use virtual desktops in Windows 10 PC. Further if you’re facing any issues, get in touch with toll-free number of Windows OS support for assistance. https://pofcustomerservicephonenumbers.com/plenty-of-fish-toll-free-number/